The following policies play an important role in maintaining a positive experience for everyone using APPTUTTi. Defined terms used here have the same meaning as in the Partner Distribution Agreement. Please check this page regularly, as these policies may vary over time.
Our content policies apply to any content your app displays or links to, including any ads it shows to users and any user-generated content it hosts or links to. Furthermore, they apply to any content from your developer account which is publicly displayed in our determined publishing channels, including your developer name and the landing page of your listed developer website.
- Sexually Explicit Material: Apps that contain or promote pornography are prohibited; this includes sexually explicit or erotic content, icons, titles, or descriptions. APPTUTTi has a zero-tolerance policy against child sexual abuse imagery. If we become aware of content with child sexual abuse imagery, we will report it to the appropriate authorities and delete your partner account.
- Violence and Bullying: Depictions of gratuitous violence are not allowed. Apps should not contain materials that threaten, harass or bully other users.
- Hate Speech: We do not allow content advocating against groups of people based on their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Impersonation or Deceptive Behavior: Don’t pretend to be someone else and don’t rive any impression that your app is authorized by or produced by another company or organization if that is not the case. Products or the ads they contain also must not mimic functionality or warnings from the operating system or other apps. Products must not contain false or misleading information in any content, title, icon, description, or screenshots. Developers must not divert users or provide links to any other site that mimics or passes itself off as another app or service. Apps must not have names or icons that appear confusingly similar to existing products, or to apps supplied with the device (such as Camera, Gallery or Messaging).
- Intellectual Property: Don’t infringe on the intellectual property rights of others, (including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, and other proprietary rights), or encourage or induce infringement of intellectual property rights.
- Personal and Confidential Information: We don’t allow unauthorized publishing or disclosure of people’s private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, government identification numbers, driver’s and other license numbers, non-public contacts, or any other information that is not publicly accessible.
- Illegal Activities: Keep it legal. Don’t engage in unlawful activities on this product, such as the sale of prescription drugs without a prescription.
- Gambling: We don’t allow content or services that facilitate online gambling, including but not limited to, online casinos, sports betting and lotteries, or games of skill that offer prizes of cash or other value.
- Dangerous Products: We don’t allow content that harms, interferes with the operation of, or accesses in an unauthorized manner, networks, servers, or other infrastructure.
- Don’t transmit or link to viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, malware, or any other items that may introduce security vulnerabilities to or harm user devices, apps, or personal data.
- Apps that collect information (such as the user’s location or behavior) without the user’s knowledge (spyware) are prohibited.
- Malicious scripts and password phishing scams are also prohibited on our determined publishing channels, as are apps that cause users to unknowingly download or install apps from sources outside of our determined publishing channels.
- An app downloaded from our determined publishing channels may not modify, replace or update its own APK binary code using any method other than our update mechanism.
- System Interference:
- An app downloaded from our determined publishing channels (or its components or derivative elements) must not make changes to the user’s device outside of the app without the user’s knowledge and consent.
- This includes behavior such as replacing or reordering the default presentation of apps, widgets, or the settings on the device. If an app makes such changes with the user’s knowledge and consent, it must be clear to the user which app has made the change and the user must be able to reverse the change easily, or by uninstalling the app altogether.
- Apps and their ads must not modify or add browser settings or bookmarks, add home screen shortcuts, or icons on the user’s device as a service to third parties or for advertising purposes.
- Apps and their ads must not display advertisements through system level notifications on the user’s device, unless the notifications derive from an integral feature provided by the installed app (e.g., an airline app that notifies users of special deals, or a game that notifies users of in-game promotions).
- Apps must not encourage, incentivize, or mislead users into removing or disabling third-party apps except as part of a security service provided by the app.
Network Usage and Terms
Apps must not create unpredictable network usage that has an adverse impact on a user’s service charges or an Authorized Operator’s network. Apps also may not knowingly violate an Authorized Operator’s terms of service for allowed usage or any APPTUTTi terms of service.
Spam and Placement in the Store
Developers are important partners in maintaining a great user experience on our determined publishing channels.
- Do not post repetitive content.
- Do not use irrelevant, misleading, or excessive keywords in apps descriptions, titles, or metadata.
- Developers must not attempt to change the placement of any Product in the Store, or manipulate any product ratings or reviews by unauthorized means such as fraudulent installs, paid or fake reviews or ratings, or by offering incentives to rate products.
- Apps that are created by an automated tool or wizard service must not be submitted to APPTUTTi by the operator of that service on behalf of other persons.
- Do not post an app where the primary functionality is to:
- Drive affiliate traffic to a website or
- Provide a web view of a website not owned or administered by you (unless you have permission from the website owner/administrator to do so)
- Do not send SMS, email, or other messages on behalf of the user without providing the user with the ability to confirm content and intended recipient.
Apps published on our determined publishing channels may not directly or indirectly engage in or benefit from the following behavior.
- Promotion via deceptive ads on websites, apps or other properties, including simulated system, service, or app notifications or alerts.
- Promotion or install tactics which cause redirection to our determined publishing channels or the download of the app without informed user action.
- Unsolicited promotion via SMS services.
It is your responsibility to ensure that no ad network or affiliate uses such methods to direct users to pages that make your app available for download.
Paid and Free Apps
- App purchases: Developers charging for apps and downloads from our determined publishing channels must do so by using our determined billing system.
- In-app purchases:
- Developers offering virtual goods or currencies within a game downloaded from our determined publishing channels must use our determined billing system as the method of payment.
- Developers offering additional content, services or functionality within another category of app downloaded from our publishing channels must use our determined billing system as the method of payment, except:
- where payment is primarily for physical goods or services (e.g., buying movie tickets, or buying a publication where the price also includes a hard copy subscription); or
- where payment is for digital content or goods that may be consumed outside of the app itself (e.g., buying songs that can be played on other music players).
- Developers must not mislead users about the apps they are selling nor about any in-app services, goods, content or functionality they are selling. If your product description on our publishing channels refers to in-app features to which a specific or additional charge applies, your description must clearly notify users that payment is required to access those features.
Subscriptions and Cancellations
APPTUTTi’s subscription cancellation policy is that a user will not receive a refund for the current billing period when canceling a subscription, but will continue to receive issues and updates of the relevant subscription content (if any) for the remainder of the billing period, regardless of the cancellation.
Ads originally implemented in and bundled with apps must be removed before being published by APPTUTTi who, instead, is authorized to do so via our determined publishing channels or our Advertising agent.
However, APPTUTTi will observe the following policies. These rules are important in maintaining a positive experience for everyone using the apps from our determined publishing channels.
- Ads Context
Ads must not simulate or impersonate the user interface of any app, or notification and warning elements of an operating system. It must be clear to the user which app each ad is associated with or implemented in.
- Ad Walls and Interstitial Ads
Interstitial ads may only be displayed inside of the app. Forcing the user to click on ads or submit personal information for advertising purposes in order to fully use an app is prohibited. A prominent and accessible target must be made available to users in any interstitial ad so they may dismiss the ad without penalty or inadvertent click-through.
- Interfering with Apps and Third-party Ads
Ads associated with your app must not interfere with other apps or their ads.